Thursday, September 4, 2008

We Should Listen To Emily Post

Today I was pumping gas at Costco when the attendant jumped out from behind the pump and tried to pitch me a store credit card. When I turned him down, he asked who I’d be voting for this November. Bold I thought, but I told him anyway , and when it didn’t match up with his pick, he launched into a diatribe about why my candidate was the wrong one. Now I suspect the guy’s job entails breathing in more gas fumes than recommended, so I gave him a pass, plus my kids were knocking on the window like caged animals so I didn’t have time for a debate. Later in the day I went to a doctor’s appointment and in the waiting room two women were sparring back and forth on their candidate choices, so I raised my magazine higher and tried to hide so I wouldn’t have to take a side. When I got home I read the blog of a friend who was talking about the election and couldn’t contain myself any more so I left some serious bloggeria on her page. (sorry about the mess Joanna)

My point being, this election is everywhere! It’s all people can talk about, it’s the only thing being analyzed on the news channels, it’s blanketing the web, even the tabloids have it on their front page. On one hand I applaud so many people being interested in who will govern this nation, but on the other, why can’t we keep our choice to ourselves? Why do we feel compelled to convince those around us that our choice is the right one? I’ll admit, I’m guilty of this, but when the gas station attendant tried to pigeon-hole me today, I realized that I’ve had enough. Doesn’t the etiquette that you don’t talk about politics or religion in polite company still apply? Oh Britney, please flash your vadge to the paparazzi again so we can go back to being shallow and instead of being angry at each other, we can have the old days where you were the nation’s voodoo doll obsession.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Hehehe... I love the discussion. ;) I think people are talking because there is finally something new,on both sides, to talk about.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

83076.....87047