Thursday, May 22, 2008

A New Species Found In Utah- The Bald Beaver

For my birthday, I requested an intimate gift- laser hair removal on my bikini line. Lately it seems the advertising for it is everywhere and I’ve sat on the sidelines waiting for the prices to fall, but no more! To look at me, you’d think I was “normal” when it comes to the quantity of hair “down there,” but no it’s not. I found this out the last time I got waxed. I’d also had a manicure, which they cruelly did first, so I wasn’t able to take off my own shorts. When the Vietnamese woman doing the waxing took them off (which felt odd in itself), I heard her gasp, then for the next fifteen minutes I had to endure a lecture in broken English about how I needed to get rid of all the hair so, “husband come home from work.” Then she gave me a wink as she mercilessly ripped it all out while I lay helpless, holding my wet nails up to dry.

It seems some latent gene from my Baltic ancestry decided I would have the curse of the werewolf crotch. I told my husband some guys like a full beaver pelt, and his teasing reply was, “Yeah, and they lived in Communist Russia.” Clearly, something needs to be done. When I asked my friends for referrals, I found out all kinds of things about their body hair that I never would’ve guessed… The most shocking of all was that the most conservative woman of the bunch is now as bald as the day she was born. I’m debating about how ready I am for that, plus anything involving stirrups and a real laser is more than I bargained for outside of the bedroom. On the other hand, it would be nice to never have to think about it again. What do you think- should I join the new species of bald beavers or keep a lady-like landing strip that will need regular lawn maintenance?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me old-fashioned, but I think this country (and more so Utah) is WAYYYYY too obsessed with body hair. Let us know what you decide and what it's like to have it done.

dragonnldy77 said...

I have PCOS which causes all kinds of embarrassing body hair issues. It was really horrible to have more chest and facial hair than my husband. So I lasered my neck and my chest. It was the best thing I ever did! Painful, but worth it!!! If I had the money I would do my whole body. Yes, my WHOLE body. I shave it all, legs, bikini, and beaver. It would be great to never have to worry about stubble or itchies there again. So I say, go for it!

Anonymous said...

I think laser hair removal would be awesome but not the whole thing you would look like a kid again. I know that is bad to say, but really isn't good we have hair to show we have aged? I think it is sexy!

Britta said...

I think there should be something there too, otherwise it seems too child like.

I have your problem too with "too much," it would be nice to have an easy solution.

Anonymous said...

bald is beautiful...

Anonymous said...

I shaved it all once. It made me feel more sweaty. I hated it! And I agree that it looks too child like. I'd definitely leave it there but maintained.

Anonymous said...

I got it all waxed once and hated it. Test drive before you buy.