Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Green Tea Here To Stay

Okay, this is the last post I'm going to write related to green tea and the WoW. If you aren't aware of the ongoing green tea saga, please read below"Hot Drinks Until I'm 1oo."

Today I got back my cholesterol results. If you recall, my past results had been high and both doctors I'd gone to suggested cholesterol lowering drugs since it was higher than 200, which I thought was a bad idea so I started looking for alternative treatments. Here are the results for Nov '05, (I didn't go in 06) Oct 07 (after this I started drinking green tea) and July '08.

TOTAL NUMBER 2005- 214 2007- 229 2008- 196

Nine months later and this is the lowest number I've ever had.

HDL (healthy cholesterol) 2005- 67 2007- 66 2008- 64 (should be more than 40)

LDL (lousy cholesterol) 2005- 129 2007- 147 2008- 114 (should be less than 130)

I guess I'll continue to drink my wicked green gentile brew!!

4 comments:

dragonnldy77 said...

good for you!

Joanna said...

Doug has terrible cholesterol problems... I'm off to buy green tea for him today! Thanks for the info!

Molly Mormon said...

My favorite green tea is Tazo with Ginger or Lemongrass and three packets of Splenda--it's nasty otherwise! If Doug hasn't had a cholesterol test in the last year he should get one before he starts so he can see if he has similar results.

Julie said...

For what it's worth, in Japan and many parts of South America they ask if you're drinking dark tea, not green tea. I got this handy piece of info from one of my good friends dads, he's a Bishop in Japan and it was reiterated by a friend of mine that served in Paraguay. So yeah, I love my green teas. and teas with orange zest, oh man, those are good.