Saturday, July 26, 2008

Of Good Report AND Praiseworthy

Like most Americans I'm a pizza connoisseur, so much so that in 2004 I journey to Antica Pizzeria Port’Alba in Naples which is considered the world's first pizzaria. While the pizza there was rustic and flavorful, it still didn't beat out my favorite- The Pie Pizzaria, located in the basement of the University Pharmacy near the University of Utah. However, for the last few months I've found myself drawn to two offerings from Papa Murphy's- the Gourmet Chicken Bacon Artichoke Delite or the Chicken Mediterranean Delite. If you haven't tried these yet, you're missing out! Please let me know what pizzas of "good report" you've found at home or in your travels.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Out here My fam's fav. is Papa John's (love the sweet sauce). My personal fav. is the one's they serve at the Georgia Aquarium at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe'... Chucks of fresh mozzerella covered in fresh herbs.... My mouth waters just thinking of it! (when you FINALLY decide to visit ATL I'll take you!!)

ps- I agree, the best in the valley is the PIE in SLC....WONDERFUL!

dragonnldy77 said...

Most definitely in SLC the Pie is the winner!!

steve-o said...

Both of my favorites are in Chicago:

Gino's East
Pizzeria Uno

Gino's East has a crust that's unlike any other I've ever tried. They won't say what's in it, but I suspect cornmeal has a lot to do with the flavor and texture. Anyway, that's my #1 choice for pizza I've had anywhere in the world. I did have some good stuff in Rome a couple months ago, though. Too bad I can't remember the names of the places I ate.