Saturday, July 12, 2008

Of Good Report AND Praiseworthy

I don't know about you but I loathe being advertised to in my home, especially through junkmail and telemarketers. They both waste minutes of my valuable time, the junkmail kills trees, and they're both, well, annoying. So earlier this year I decided I was going to do something about it. Here are the three best resources I've found and already I've seen a huge reduction in the amount of advertising we get and the telemarkets have stopped calling!

1- www.Catalogchoice.org All you have to do is sign up- it's free, and when you get a catalog put the info into Catalog Choice's form and they will contact the company to let them know you no longer want to be contact. It takes a few months to kick in, but well worth your effort.

2- www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi This is how you let the major credit card companies know that for the next five years you don't want to see any more of those annoying offer letters promising your five-year-old a $1,000 line of credit.

3- www.donotcall.gov Just give them your info and after a few months the calls will stop. This is not a permanent solution so when the calls start up again because your request has expired, you'll need to sign up again.

No comments: